To Clint, Hugh, and Wally,

I have changed hosts Clint so perhaps this will enable you to see my posts again(?).

The computer has the long post regardless of OS installed, I tried WinXP, Win98, and Ubuntu with the same results all around, so it is not an OS or software issue. For all it is the boot time up to the point when the OS layer commences so safe mode is not a concern. Boot logs don't show anything wrong either.

Clint this board is an Intel D845WN http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d845wn/ and the IDE is PATA. Both controllers work the same and adding an IDE controller didn't help. The BIOS is up to date, but I flashed it once more in case there was something wrong there. No Luck.

So we either wait and see or start with something new.

Thank you all for your input.

Peter Kaulback