Vern, the difference between Linux and Windows hosting comes down to server needs. So if your site is in php and mysql then you would go Linux but if you use asp and sql then you would go with windows. If you don't use any server side technologies like these then the choice is yours. Linux does tend to be cheaper overall though.

You can use http://uptime.netcraft.com/ to monitor web hosts (or any other site for that matter), and it will give you the owner, address, server, software, etc.

Peter Kaulback

Vern wrote:
What is the difference between Redhat Linux and Windows Server 2003 hosting platforms?

Clint I am at  your ehostpros.com site.

I may be putting up a webpage for a small business and I want to make sure I pick a dependable outfit.

Is the shopping cart working well and is it easy to set up?

Thanks

Vern