I'm having a weird problem with my laptop that no one seems to have
heard of before.  My Toshiba, running WinXP Media Edition, will freeze
occassionally when I try to open a new web page.  There is no hour glass
or anything.  It just freezes.  Through trial and error I have learned
that all I have to do is right click the task bar, select "lock or
unlock the taskbar" and the page will open.  It doesn't matter if the
task bar is "locked" or "unlocked".  Sometimes it's hardly a problem at
all and other times it will freeze about every 3 or 4 times I open a
link or page.

This problem started soon after I purchased the laptop about 8 months
ago.  It came installed with a trial version of McAfee AV but I
purchased Zone Alarm Pro and installed it.  It seems that my problem
started after that.  However, I also subscribed to Yahoo Mail and it
installed all it's toolbars, etc.  I took it back to Office Depot where
I purchased it but they said it was my ISP that was the problem.
However, when I travel and use my wireless at a hotel, etc., it still
hangs up.  Also, it doesn't matter if I'm using wireless or hooked
directly to my ISP cable.

This is a royal pain so any help you guys can give me will be much
appreciated.

Rick Gillespie