On Dec 16, 2006, at 12:18 PM, chris clepper wrote:

On 12/16/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-fPIC is on by default on Mac OS X, so that's easy.  Having 64-bit
floats is quite nice on the interface side because it means you can
have large integers in Pd, like timestamps.

The 64 bit buzzword refers to memory addressing; double precision floats are different than 64 bit CPUs or applications. FPUs have used 64 bit floats for years regardless of their addressing capabilities.

So does that mean it would be possible to make Pd use 64-bit floats on all CPUs without a major performance hit?

.hc

Terrorism is not an enemy. It cannot be defeated. It's a tactic. It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night attacks and expect we're going to win that war. We're not going to win the war on terrorism. - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom