On Oct 30, 2009, at 10:24 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

Hey Ivica,

Just make it a global, that's the easiest.  Or use namespaces and
namespace variables.

.hc

I am not all that good with tk. Only learned what I had to to hack
together better version of pd.tk. Any examples would be most
appreciated. How do namespaces work?

Also, after opening tons of windows that generate global variables,
doesn't this effectively produce a minor but nonetheless present memory
leak as the global variables will be hard to trace when deallocating
those windows (see my other email re: improvements)?

Ico

Look at the new pd-gui-rewrite branch, it uses namespaces a fair amount. They are a bit overcomplicated in Tcl, but you don't have to use the complicated parts.

.hc