That could be the solution, I haven't looked enough to know yet.  My question
is: what is causing the sample rate to first be sent as "0"?  I remember that
seemed to be one of the behaviors related to this.  Its probably something we
want to prevent from happening, unless someone can explain why Pd announcing
the sample rate as 0 is useful.

.hc

On Apr 13, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Chrissie Caulfield wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I've been looking into the problem that starting pd with -nogui can cause a
> lot of plugins to start with a zero sample-rate and therefore produce no
> sound.
>
> Here's my tentative patch for this. It's very small and though it could be
> regarded as over-simplistic, it does fix the problem that's been causing me a
> lot of grief for a while now.
>
> So, I tentatively offer this as my fix. If you think it's not enough and
> needs something more complex then please say what you think is wrong and I'll
> keep digging :)
>
> Chrissie
> Pd-dev mailing list
> Pd-dev@iem.at

As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be glad of an
opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we should do
freely and generously.         - Benjamin Franklin