I'll be setting up my sound installation Swirler (written in Pd, of course) at this event. I don't know exactly when yet, and whether I have any guest list slots. But I'll be exhibiting it on Friday the 17th in a free venue at Polytechnic, so if you're broke you can catch that:

http://idmi.poly.edu/remux

Begin forwarded message:

HABITATS: November 9-12 @ The Brooklyn Lyceum
227 4th Ave (corner of president) - R/M train to Union St.
Thursday Nov 9th FREE
Friday through Sunday $15 per day
*** FESTIVAL PASS $40 for all activities for 4 days ***
http://www.global-habitat.net

Environmental Conferences - Collaborative Art - Electronic Landscapes - Organic Technologies - Emergent Communities - Come Co- Exist!

CONfirMED CULTUrAL SPEAKErS
Steven Johnson - author of"Emergence, the connected lives of ants, brains, cities and software"
Douglas Rushkoff - author of "Media Virus"
Peter Principle of Tuxedomoon
Manna Jo Greene

COMMUNiTY ArTS AND wOrKSHOPS
Carol Caputo, IRUBNY
Walking Tours of Gowanus + soundmaps by the  NY Acoustic Eccology
Aaron Lazansky-Oliva
Prospect Park Zoo

ENvirONMENTAL CONfErENCE
Gowanus Water Quality + Green Building
Coordinated by Gowanus Canal Community Development Corp

iNSTALLATiON/ PErfOrMANCE ArTiSTS
Pauline Oliveros (of Deep Listening Foundation)
Lary Seven
Jim Thirlwell (of Foetus)
Harlan Emil Gruber
Amoeba Technology
2012, sponsored by CEC Arts Link
Project503, Russia
Antartic Project, Russia
Elena Elik, Russia
Luke DuBois
Luis Maurette, Argentina
Klauss, Argentina
Eva Sjuve,  Sweden
Ken Hiratsuka, Japan
Martha Walker
Nur Habib Tiven (Jummah Players - modern Sufi music)
DJ Rhizome
Cilla Vee
Zarah Cabanas
Hans-Christoph Steiner
Marianna Ellenberg
Zemi17
Peripheral Media
Lance Blisters
Ne(x)tworks
Kim Holleman
Sam Rudy
Andreas Sell
Spaze Crafte One
free103point9
Share

Habitats is being Presented by Eidolon Culture in partnership with the
Gowanus Canal CDC. Sponsored by the Brooklyn Arts Council, CEC Arts
Link, Material for the Arts, Lowes, Brooklyn Center for the Urban
Environment, NYSCA, MediaTheFoundation, Experimental TV Center. With
generous contributions from Peripheral Media, Amoeba Technology, Share,
Kiahkeya, Polytechnic University, The Buckminster Fuller Institute,
ARAS (Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism), Greener Pastures,
Gowanus Dregders Club and Gowanus Nursery.

>From November 9-12 in Gowanus Brooklyn, artists, scientists, community
organizers and cultural commentators come together to create a
collective vision of a sustainable habitat. Instigated by Eidolon
Culture, Habitats provides a model for dialogue between urban
developers and environmentalists through conferences and panels,
participatory and collaborative art, and educational programs. With
community efforts leading to cleaner water, the Gowanus Canal area has
experienced an increase in wildlife and the prospect of commercial and
cultural revitalization. Habitats celebrates this process.