Damian Stewart a écrit :

most consumer-level control surfaces (novation, are midi devices. to the best of my knowledge there are very few control surfaces that use osc, for the main reason that osc is several orders of magnitude more difficult to implement on a microcontroller chip of the kind used to drive music control devices. despite its limitations (7-bit fader/pot control, ugh) midi is far from obsolete, unfortunately.

I would be curious to see it's possible to replace expensive design of usual control surfaces, with things like arduino.

toxy looks great in all the screenshots i've seen, but it crashes and/or refuses to load on my machine. toxy not working was one of the reasons i wanted to get compile from source working..

Same problem, you should provide the dll (alpha15) on the official site.

i don't really know delphi as a language, but i don't see why i should need to use delphi as i already can do c.

It was just an idea, I've found so easy to make something quick with DELPHI's turboPascal,
there is a free workshop for transforming C into Pascal language.
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Programming/Delphi_Tools_and_Components/C_to_Pascal_Workshop_Download.html
which is going to require building in c, which as i understand it requires a pd.lib.

Well I am still a newbee and doesn't understand why pd.lib is required for building in C.

you need the .lib to link against, so that your external and pd can talk to each other.

Ah I see, pd.lib would come when pd will be successfully compiled, that what's happened in here,
I bet the list will help if you have errors during compilation with mingw.
PC.

___________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com