On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Charles Henry wrote:

int argc is the count of the number of arguments, and t_atom *argv must be the vector of arguments themselves. (this I'm inferring from seeing it in code) I still don't get what t_symbol *s is for, yet. Thanks,

The s stands for selector, it's the name of the method. In the case of object construction, the selector is the name of the class you're trying to instantiate, else it's whatever the leading symbol of the message is (e.g. "list" or "symbol" or "set" or "open" or...)