On Dec 4, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

On Dec 4, 2006, at 3:17 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

The autobuild machines most definitely do not have nvidia cards:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ > lspci
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro AGP 1X/2X (rev 5c)

So these builds do not run on the machine they were built on.

have you tried or are your remarks based on my statements about needing nvidia? my nvidia card's here support some SGI extensions, and i am pretty sure that i don't run irix.

i haven't heard of someone having problems with NV/ARB extensions on their self-built Gem for quite a long time.

so please check whether the binaries do work.

Unfortunately, these binaries do not work. Marius knows more about it than me, he's been building up this box, its a relatively new Dell with an ATI card. The autobuild GNU/Linux/i386 machines are all the exact same hardware, old Compaqs with the ATI card above. So neither the compilation machine nor the machine running Gem have nvidia hardware. But Gem dies on the new Dell with that NV error that started this thread.

So I guess as Chris said, there is probably a bug in the NV detection code.

Ok, wait I think I misunderstood. You are saying that the ancient ATI card in the autobuild machines might support the nvidia extensions, and they are being properly detected. I thought you mean whether the card was nvidia or not (neither are).

It seems to load from the command line with -nogui, I am testing now whether I can load an object.