Malte Steiner a écrit :
Hello List,

I recently changed my distribution to 64 Studio. Despite all criticism against 64bit the performance on this particular laptop increased dramatically, also with non realtime stuff. Especially video applications like Cinelerra are now much more responsive. Maybe partly because its 64bit, partly perhaps its more optimised for AMD than the K7 Kernel, partly its realtime and partly because I got the current Nvidia driver installed, I dont care. Important is that it now feels like my hardware synthesizers in terms of snappyness and timing.

Question is where to get a recent 64bit pd, the Debian64 repos only holds a bare .39 which still got the tabwrite bug and lot of externals are missing, so far only zexy, gem, pdp and pd-aubio are provided. I tried to build some stuff but failed so far. Any other 64bitters out there with some hints, *.debs or repos?

Cheers and thanks for any hints in advance,

Malte
If you have pain to compile 64bit externals, I've made a bunch of AMD64 pd_linux here:

http://megalego.free.fr/pd/extra/

Installing Nvidia driver increasing video performances seems obvious, it was allready the case with i386,

___________________________________________________________________________ Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses http://fr.answers.yahoo.com