hi there!
this was discussed in december 2005 (thread was named "what about multilingual Pd?"), and happily ended with a working implementation in pd-extended.
let's hope that 2007 will see puredata going unicode.
best wishes,
vincent

Thomas Grill a écrit :
Hi all,
if this is possible in pd-extended, how is the encoding implemented?
The cleanest way would of course be UTF-8, so that saved patcher files are cross-platform, but i guess it's rather a platform-native encoding, no?
Does it also work for pd-ext under Windows, or just OSX?
greetings,
Thomas