Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Patco wrote:

I've done something like that for storing parameters in arrays, but like matthieux bouchard said for matrixes, the length of the 'listed list' is fixed.

the main thing missing in my nested list plan is a name for the atomt type. it can't really be A_LIST because of this correspondence

  atomtype -> selector
  A_FLOAT     float
  A_SYMBOL    symbol
  A_POINTER   pointer

but A_LIST can't work because the name "list" is already taken for a type of non-atom message. (an atom message is one carries exactly one atom which is always supposed to be of the type indicated by the selector)

A list is just a bunch of atoms laid out contiguously in memory: I guess that makes it a molecular message? ;) What about extending the pointer type so that it can point to any kind of atom, including a list of atoms?

Martin