Hi,

I'm quite a newbie when it comes to pd, but I'm also working on an intel
Macbook. I got pmpd to work out of the box also (pd-extended 0.38.4). It
worked by just putting a [pmpd]-object in a new canvas. Nothing extra to be
installed. Now I run it at startup, but I haven't explored it yet. Only some
examples, and they all worked fine (some objects don't seem to exist
though).

So don't give up,

kind regards,
yorick

2007/2/24, marius schebella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I am on a macbook pro, and my pmpd worked out of the box.
when you show the package content of pd-extra, the pmpd.pd_darwin is
located in Contents/Resources/extra/flatspace.
the example patches are accessible via the helpbrowser. in examples/pmpd.
when I start pd with verbose mode, like you did, and create an object
with [pmpd] then I get

tried /pmpd.pd_darwin and failed
tried /System/Library/Fonts/pmpd.pd_darwin and failed
tried /Library/Fonts/pmpd.pd_darwin and failed
[...]
/Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/flatspace/pmpd.pd_darwin
and succeeded

so maybe not all your paths get loaded? make sure "flatspace" shows up
in your org.puredata.pd.plist (path38) and that the file is located in
the homedirectory of the user who is running pd.
for example Dale/Library/Preferences
and also make sure that you remove any previously installed (not working
or old) pmpd libraries.

marius.



[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> thank you for your quick reply. I tried what you suggested and installed
PD
> extended. I swapped out the plist file within my preferences directory
and it
> all worked fine until I tried PMPD. It could not find any of the objects
and
> when I looked into the contents extra folder there was only one object.
So I
> took the contents of my other Pmpd folder and copied them into the
extended
> extra folder and the same error was produced
>
> I put it into verbose mode to maybe shed some light onto this issue
>
> please let me know if you see anything or have any other ideas.
>
> Thanks again for helping me out
>
> Dale
>
> -----------start up in verbose mode screen----------------
>
> tried /pmpd.pd_darwin and failed
> tried
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd/pmpd.pd_darwin
> and failed
> tried
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd.pd_darwin
> and failed
> tried /pmpd/pmpd.pd_darwin and failed
> tried
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd/pmpd/pmpd.pd_darwin
> and failed
> tried
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd/pmpd.pd_darwin
> and failed
> tried /pmpd/pmpd-meta.pd and failed
> tried
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd/pmpd/pmpd-meta.pd
> and failed
> tried
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd/pmpd-meta.pd
> and succeeded
> Added to search path:
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd
> Added to help path:
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd
> Added to help path:
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../doc/5.reference/pmpd
> Loaded libdir pmpd from
> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app
/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pmpd
>
>
>
>
>
> Quoting Steffen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> On 23/02/2007, at 6.00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a UB version of PMPD that I just have not been able to
>>> locate?
>> Well. There is an intel build in the intel mac build of 'Pd extended
>> 0.39.2 test 7'. You can get from Hans' site:
>> http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html
>>
>> Note that unlike the one of cyrille's site (http://drpichon.free.fr/
>> pmpd/), which is a ppc build, this  one is build into separate files
>> - ie*.pd_darwin file per object.
>>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> [email protected] mailing list
> UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->
http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list
>


_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->
http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list

_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> 
http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list

Reply via email to