I don't think many people here have used pkgconfig, since this is the Pd
list.  I can say that I never have.  Perhaps try a forum or  mailing list
for pkgconfig.

I have already tried with pkg-config mailing lists but no positve replies.

"permission denied" would lead me to believe that you need to run that as
root.
I am logged in as a root when I am doing the installations.
I do not know what else to do?