This solution uses coll (from the cyclone library).
It works with floats and symbols (you could even count the repetitions
with a few changes).

Tom

On 7/6/07, Nicolas Montgermont <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

This seems to work but the order is broken.
I haven't test all the possibilities.

Hope that helps

+n

mark edward grimm a écrit :
> hello.
>
> ...just looking for a way to purge a list of
> redundancy such that if i have in my list:
>
> 54 63 54 76 63 89 71 93 89
>
> i could take out (1) 54, 63, and 89 to get the list:
>
> 54 63 76 89 71 93
>
> i was looking at franks '[list]-abs' but didn't see
> anything that might do this...
>
> best

>   mark edward grimm | m.f.a | ed.m
>   megrimm.net | socialmediagroup.org & .com
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 585.509.8703

Nicolas Montgermont
http://nicomon.basseslumieres.org

thomas ouellet fredericks, [EMAIL PROTECTED], montreal, canada