I've resolved the problem with reading the udev documentation, it was very simple in fact!

just putting these lines:

KERNEL="midi*", SYMLINK="midi22"

in freshly created /etc/udev/rules.d/The_USBMIDI_rule.rules

and starting pd with:

pd -mididev 23

was the solution :).

thank you jamie

Patrice Colet a écrit :
Hello,

for using my midi interface with pd I need to create a symbolic link manually at each boot of my linux system with these lines:

/etc/init.d/alsaound stop
ln -s /dev/midi22 /dev/midi
/etc/init.d/alsasound start

and to launch pd with the following command:

pd -midiindev 23

I would like to start pd automatically without having to type any command line, and it wouldn't be a problem if the symbolic link wouldn't have to be created in root mode at each boot.

 Consulting the pd-list archive gave me this hint:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-02/025929.html

I'd like to test this but before that I'd like to understand what I'm doing, and to know if it is the only solution.

 Thanks for any advice.

PS: FC4, i386, pd-0.41-test06, midisport 1x1

begin:vcard
fn:Patrice Colet
n:Colet;Patrice
adr;dom:;;;Nice;;06100