Have a look at the help file about [pdp_rec~] and [pdp_glx].
[pdp_glx] output mouse event messages when you are on the rendering window. So this message is not 'useful' for [pdp_rec~]
You can do something like that (for exemple) :
[pdp_qt]

[pdp_contrast]
|\
|  \
|    \
|      \
|      [pdp_rec~]

[pdp_glx]

Then what you are recording (with [pdp_rec~]) is what you are seeing (with [pdp_glx]).
++

Jack

PS : don't forget to see what is output from an object (at its outlet (s)) and what an other object accept (at its inlet(s)) : have a look at the help patch.