On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

I should correct the above line, it's not quite right:
-text {this is my label} -font {"Lucida Sans" 10 bold} -fg black -bg green

AFAIK, using the {} as quotes means it should had over everything inside of those brackets. So {"} should show a double quote.

You can also backslash double-quotes instead.

how do you put a literal dollarsign within labels?
Donno, any suggestions?

backslash it!

what about open-bracket?
This one has stumped me, and I've asked a bit in #tcl, but no luck.

backslash it!

suggestions? Did you get it working? What is actually more important, IMHO, is a way to insert a open-bracket into a text widget using a message. Using [key 123( then lots of escaping in C hasn't worked for me either.

123 is not a bracket, it's a brace. But for either the solution is the same: backslash it!