Here a patch that use the easiest way to change the color of the canvas and to get it red.
You can access of all settings with a 'help' on the canvas.
++

Jack

Le 19 juil. 08 à 13:10, Atte André Jensen a écrit :

marius schebella wrote:

either put a canvas in the background and change it via send/receive

This seems like an easy thing, but I get "cnv: no method for 'float'".
What message could I send to a canvas to make it red?

or
use sys_gui in combination with hcs/canvas_name which lets you change
the font/bg colors of your patch dynamically.

That won't do. It seems that the background color of a patch set this
way, won't "shine through" to a parent. So since I'm trying to make is
visible which of several instances of the same abstraction is currently
running, this seems not to be what I need...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen