Hi

i ran into  similar situations in the past and use the following
procedure now.
Which can easily adapted if  you want to copy a complicated (meaning:
consinsting of many different abstractions, that you got from
collections, built yourself or whatever).

So in your example i would open the example patch (the main-patch)
and as you did save to a different location.

Then i would create a folder next to the target location and call it
maybe "abs" or "lib"

Then i would add a "declare" - statement including the new folders (i
noticed that on OSX you need always the Full path whereas on XP and
linux the relative path is sufficient)

And the open all the abstractions contained in the main original path
and save the with the same names in the newly created folders....

That way you can easily copy "projects" from one computer to another...
I use several folders where i collect the abstractions i use.

For example i dont want to have pd look into all the abstraction
folders included in pd-extended. It was mentioned before that this
increases loading time.

So i just copy the one or two abstractions i use from maybe "list-
abs" or "mapping" and thats it....

Maybe that can help you....

Does someone recommend a different procedure ??

All the Best

Luigi