Geoff,

I am having a similar problem, you can fix it by getting rid of that
plist file but there's no guarantee with that either. I had to add
each library to the startup path on my own machine but the artist I am
working with can't do this with libraries like Gem or PDP or PiDiP, So
i think it has something to do with the software x11 not being
installed on his computer. If you try to install it you should get rid
of this error, unfortunately he is still having problems as his system
wont allow the installation, but maybe you will have more luck with
this.

Conor