hard off wrote:
to re-create the sound of a dx7 i need to change samplerate from my default (44.1khz) to 28khz. globally changing pd's samplerate to 28khz has the intended effect, but i want to be able to run other patches at 44.1khz while running my dx7 at 28khz.

I think that the sound card decides what sample rates you can use, you probably can get 22.5 and 11.25 but not 28. A clean resampling usually would mean sampling at a common multiple of 28kHz and 44.1kHz and then downsampling again, not really feasible with Pd.

i naively tried adding this construct to the output, but the sound is completely wrong: (if it doesn't show, the phasor~ is connected to the right inlet of the [samplehold~])

[inlet~]           [phasor~ 28000]
|                      |
[samplehold~]

[outlet~]

i thought about it for a bit, and i understand why that doesn't work, but i can't think of another solution.

is there some way i can 'mimic' 28khz samplerate while running pd at 44.1? or even better, is there some way to locally set the samplerate for a patch? i tried messing round with [block~] but i can't make it do what i need.

Unless you're looking for aliasing artifacts, wouldn't it be easier to use a multi-pole low-pass filter at around 14kHz?

also, i need to mimic a 12bit DAC~ too.

For that you could multiply the samples by 2048 (for bipolar signal) and then divide them modulo 2048, like this:
[*~ 2048]

[expr~ $v1%2048]

[/~ 2048]

[dac~]