Yes, there is some absurdity to this conversation. I guess Frank and I have been doing this for so long, its just part of a game we play ;-)

Anyway, I could give the instructions in one step:

1. use Pd-extended ;-)

I don't think many newbies really want to get into the nitty-gritty of hand-built Pd installs, but this conversation did make me smooth out the installation process. Before, the 10 steps were for creating a library from scratch. I think its pretty simple considering. Now, the libraries are pre-built in SVN, so you only need to:

1. cd /path/to/your/extra (or wherever you want to install stuff)
2. svn co
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/mapping
3. svn co
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/abstractions/purepd
4. pd -lib libdir -lib purepd -lib mapping

If that doesn't work for you, there is a bug. That has been working with Pd-extended for some years now. As for issues with this setup, please elaborate on them so we can fix things.

.hc