Simon Ball wrote:
I assume that the patches you've provided (greatly appreciated) collate the
data in someway in order for me to be able to unpack it? However, I'm not
sure that I even understand exactly how 'unpack' and 'route' work, which is
obviously a problem!

in this case i would highly recommend to read the documentation of Pd.
(esp. work through all examples in doc/2.control.examples/)
you will not be able to do much meaningful things in Pd without at least a basic understanding on how to deal with messages.

fgm,asdr
IOhannes