Since you are also thinking about packaging, it would be good to open up a discussion about how to handle some things. If you plan on just packaging pd-vanilla, then its easy. If you want to support multiple versions of Pd then it gets a bit more complicated.

Basically, libraries/externals can't be installed into 'pd/extra' because then the packages would conflict. I proposed /usr/lib/pd- externals/ as a place to install all packaged externals, so then you could have pd-vanilla, pd-extended, desiredata, etc. installed and they could all use the externals. Claude of pure-dyne had an objection to this, but he didn't follow up on the details.

In any case, I think we should discuss it here so we can work out a common solution.

.hc