Fränk Zimmer wrote:
The Gem version in the recent pd-ectended does not suppoert video4linux2.
I tried your workaround.-

1) installed the libv4l-dev with synaptics

2)
% export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so
% pd -lib Gem

It works. So I`ll  have to start pd-ext everytime with this 2 lines.

BUT the image quality is quiete bad. Is this because of the new driver ?
Can I get a better quality? (the same as in winXP or in PDP on Ubuntu)

the default resolution is 64x64 (which _is_ bad), send a [dimen 640 480( to [pix_video] to change it (probably your cam doesn't like 640x480 so try other known-to-work values)

fgamdsr
IOhannes