On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 6:55 AM, The Space Between the Words
<i...@thespacebetweenthewords.org> wrote:
> My initial motivation was the ability to have a touch screen controller,
> with pd running on my MacBook.

Yo Jerome - in that case I can unequivocally recommend TouchOSC.  In
the last month or two he released a GUI editor you can use to build
any kind of control arrangement you like, and even before that I
always felt it had the best controls of the bunch.  I've used it for
some live stuff and it was wonderful (it has a cool undocumented
feature that you can grab a control on one screen, switch tabs and
keep controlling the first control while grabbing a second control on
the new tab with another finger... erm, try it out, maybe you'll get
what I mean : ))

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc

There's also the very interesting Fantastick, which is essentially
infinitely flexible, giving you direct draw access to the screen (and
even some OpenGL) from Pd and direct multitouch access from Pd.  I've
played with that and it's very cool, but the visual responsiveness of
course isn't quite as good as TouchOSC 'cuz of the round trip to get
new drawing commands (and it's obviously a lot more labor).
http://pinktwins.com/fantastick/

Both options have accelerometer support.

Best
Luke