On Oct 5, 2009, at 1:40 PM, András Murányi wrote:

2009/10/5 Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>

On Oct 4, 2009, at 9:11 PM, András Murányi wrote:

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

Hey all,

Since there is the serious GUI bug with Pd 0.41, including Pd- extended 0.41.4, I think it would be good to start the release process for Pd-extended 0.42 now. If you are planning on adding a library to Pd-extended (pdmtl?), or making substantial changes (pdp +cv?), then we should coordinate to make sure that stuff goes smoothly.

This is the wiki page for tracking what has changed and what needs doing for the next release. Please add things that need doing, and anything that has changed.

http://puredata.info/dev/NextRelease

"add 'books' section to help browser for the books" - please what do we exactly mean here? Andras

I was thinking of adding clickable links to the Pd books:

http://puredata.info/docs/BooksAboutPd

.hc

Alrite, 'books' sounded a bit alien not only because real books are offline but also because they cost money, so linking them is almost advertising. While i actually have no objections against stuffing the help menu with all kinds of interesting items i can see more fantasy in integrating those online sources with a help search function. Then it could also look up Youtube videos, pd-list messages, whatsoever.

Yes, I think we can add all sorts of resources there. The idea is to make all the resources more findable. That means doing it right, not just dumping a bunch of stuff there, which is more or less what has happened in the past ;)