On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:

well, a "comment" is a comment rather than an advertising "label" or whatever. i guess it is meant mainly for internal documentation of the patch (like "for unknown reasons these two objects must not be connected if you don't want a crash"). therefore comment was deemed to be unnecessary for gop.

Btw, I am using a [cnv]'s label to make text appear thru a GOP, but now, how do I make spaces run portably? I am using nbsp (non-breaking spaces) so that it works in pd (in non-dd branches), but pd-extended 0.41 on OSX assumes iso-latin-1 whereas pd-extended 0.42 on Ubuntu 9 assumes utf-8, and so, the spaces that i made on Ubuntu and look fine on Ubuntu look like pairs of empty squares on OSX. any ideas?