That flag sounds like it enables the WIN32 stuff. But it doesn't seem to useful for use, since Pd is more conformable in UNIXland than Win32land.

.hc

On Oct 27, 2009, at 5:38 PM, colet.patr...@free.fr wrote:

what about this:

$ gcc -mwin32 test.c

like  specified in this link:

Selon Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>:

On Oct 27, 2009, at 3:14 PM, colet.patr...@free.fr wrote:

Selon Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>:

Cygwin is not _WIN32, by the way.  It is a POSIX-style API much
closer
to GNU/Linux than Win32.  MinGW is _WIN32 with as much POSIX/UNIX
thrown in as possible.

the compiler define both _WIN32 and UNIX preprocessor, so it's
troubling...

maybe the solution is here?

My Cygwin gcc does not define _WIN32, trying buiding this:

-----------------------

#ifdef _WIN32
#error this is _WIN32
#else
#error this is NOT _WIN32
#endif
int main(void){return 0;}

Here's what I get:

p...@windowsxp-i386 /tmp
$ gcc test.c
test.c:4:2: #error this is NOT  _WIN32

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools," he
says, "but with live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris
McCormick

Terrorism is not an enemy. It cannot be defeated. It's a tactic. It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night attacks and expect we're going to win that war. We're not going to win the war on terrorism. - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom