Sounds like you are building 'trunk'. To build Pd-extended 0.42.5, you'll need to follow the "between releases" instructions:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource

.hc

On Oct 31, 2009, at 5:39 AM, olsen wrote:

thanks to andrás & other brains seems like mr.braindead almost hit the target: looks like a pd package what i got here.
well almost - starting pd with
Error in startup script: couldn't read file "/usr/lib/pd/tcl/pd- gui.tcl": no such file or directory a quick hack by copying the tcl folder to the required place the pd- window is coming up with a complain about:

warning: class 'pdp_t' overwritten\; old one renamed 'pdp_t_aliased'
/usr/lib/pd/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_linux: /usr/lib/pd/extra/pidip/ pidip.pd_linux: undefined symbol: quicktime_has_video
pidip: can't load library

probably due to my hack help & browser buttonis are not working

invalid command name "menu_helpbrowser"
invalid command name "menu_helpbrowser"
   while executing
"menu_helpbrowser"
   (command bound to event)

well for anyone who wants to reproduce this i had packages/ linux_make/debian/control to change the package dependency.
replacing the font to ttf-dejavu
as mentioned here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2886083&group_id=55736&atid=478070

salutis

András Murányi wrote:
On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:33 AM, olsen <sesselastron...@googlemail.com <mailto:sesselastron...@googlemail.com>> wrote: eo johannes thanks & pardon at the same time for using your brain to
   get closer to hit the moving target!
   me & my brain was trying to find the infos about the
   build-requisites on puredata.info <http://puredata.info> you
   mentioned but fruitless
my brain says http://puredata.info/docs/developer "Setting Up Your Machine for Building" :)
--