Hi Florian, Johannes an Mike

after a little abstinence period i want to come back to my wiimote experiments and would like to know how far the integration of the MotionPlus into the pd-external went meanwhile.

I setup up my laptop-environment and downloaded the latest stuff from svn.

So my first step was trying to compile it on my ubuntu laptop and some questions aroused, which are based on the fact that i still dont know enough of c-programming and the compilation process.

I looked into the makefile.org file and tried to set up all pathes according to my system and here is my first
question:

it is referring to this part of the makefile.org

PD_PATH=../../../pd

# specify the path to CWiid:
#CWIID_PATH = $(ASCAPE_PATH)/usr/lib
LIBCWIID_PATH = "cwiid-svn/libcwiid"

# You shouldn't need to change anything beyond here! #

ifdef PD_PATH
PD_INCLUDE := -I$(PD_PATH)/src
PD_EXTRA_PATH := ../../../../lib/libs
PD_DOC_PATH := ../../../../lib/pd-help
else
PD_INCLUDE := -I../../../pd/src
PD_EXTRA_PATH := /usr/local/lib/pd/extra
PD_DOC_PATH := /usr/local/lib/pd/doc
endif

Since i have a somewhat unusual location of my files i ask my self if these pathes have to point to the locations where these files are
(taken from wiimote.c file)

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/select.h>
#include <bluetooth/bluetooth.h>
#include <m_pd.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <cwiid.h>

Is that Right ???

I am always confused whether the path means the location of the sources or the binaries.....

I get the following error:
in line 55: balance_cal hat unvollständigen Typen
unbenutzter Parameter für "mesg", "timestamp" "ap"

nicht deklariert für "CWIID_FLAG_MOTIONPLUS"

i guess some pathes are not set right....

Another thing i never know wit the declaration of pathes...

When do i use " " " quotes ??

like in

PD_PATH="/opt/sw/pure-data/pd"
or
PD_PATH=/opt/sw/pure-data/pd

do i need the first slash ??

why is somtime an "I" used and sometimes not ?

i looked for the locations of my header files:

#include <stdio.h>
/usr/include
#include <unistd.h>
/usr/include/sys and
/usr/include
#include <sys/select.h>
#include <bluetooth/bluetooth.h>
#include <m_pd.h>
/usr/include and
/opt/sw/pure-data/pd/src
#include <math.h>
/usr/include
#include <cwiid.h>
/opt/sw/cwiid-0.6.00/libcwiid/
/usr/local/include

So my makefile should look like that - i thought....

---

PD_PATH=/opt/sw/pure-data/pd

LIBCWIID_PATH=/opt/sw/cwiid-0.6.00/libcwiid

and further down:

PD_INCLUDE := -I$(PD_PATH)/src
PD_EXTRA_PATH:=/opt/sw/pure-data/pd/extra
PD_DOC_PATH:=/opt/sw/pure-data/pd/doc

I appreciate any help

Thanks Luigi