they are probably just not in your PATH.
try and copy both files into /usr/local/bin/

ciao,
ub

Andrew Faraday schrieb:
Hey All

I've recently started learning Ruby (on Ubuntu 9.04), part of what I'm trying to do is control PD through ruby, using the terminal. The main trouble I'm having now is that I'm mostly using a Mac OS X machine which doesn't recognize the 'pdsend' and 'pdreceive' commands (as the linux shell does). I've tried opening the files with these names in /resources/bin which open a new terminal window and display what looks like the relevant -help text. But I can't seem to use these to send messages to and from pd from the Mac OS terminal. (in theory I could then automate this with Ruby).
Any ideas, at all?