Jim Ruxton a écrit :

I wanted to create a fixed size pix_buffer which is continually fed, so for example if I have an index from 0 to 1000 once it is filled the most recent image always has the index 1000 and the oldest 0 indexed image is discarded and replaced by the second oldest image ie image with index 1. Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to do a pix_buffer_read and pix_buffer_write on all 1000 images stored to re-index them each time a new image is stored in the buffer? Thanks . I am assuming this is more or less how pix_delay works.

instead of that, once it goes beyond 1000, start over at 0. then whenever you want to have a certain previous image, such as 666 frames ago, instead of saying that you want frame 1000-666=334, say you want frame N-666 mod 1001, that is,

 current frame number

 [- 666]

 [mod 1001]

i say 1001 just because you say that the first index is 0 and the last index is 1000, which means 1001 different indices, not 1000.