for a very simple automatic scalar creation, look at my abs jmmmp/pd-colors. I'm sure you'll understand it easily.

there are many things that should be improved on data-s, so that they're really usable on more complex compositional contexts, and not only to draw some fancy guis. but since this is a very obscure area of pd, don't know if much energy will be put in there.

Never mind. Figure it out...

that said, FWIW this part may need better coverage under the "scalar"
help file which pops up when one selects help on it. The other confusing
thing is when you pull up properties for a scalar object on the graph
that the window that pops up is titled misleadingly "Atom".

Ico

Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin (Deutschland)
Tel +49 30 42020091 | Mob +49 162 6843570
Studio +49 30 69509190
jmmmp...@googlemail.com | skype: jmmmpjmmmp