On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Funs Seelen wrote:

As far as it concerns standards for documentation and especially coding, have a look at the pd-dev list.

It's not essential to have pd-dev. It's basically a tiny list flooded by sourceforge notices. Comparatively very little stuff gets discussed on pd-dev nowadays. I wouldn't try discussing documentation on it. Actually I unsubscribed from pd-dev long ago and don't plan to resubscribe.

Also there have been threads about good documentation within this pd-list.

afair, documentation has traditionally been a pd-list topic, not a pd-dev topic.

I remember a discussion about help-files within pd lately. On the net it's free to write your own documentation so that's why there are several sources with several opinions and solutions,

Outside of the net you're also free to write your own documentation for anything.