Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

On Jun 14, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Martin Peach wrote:
On today's Pd-extended 0.42.5-rc3 for Ubuntu lucid i386 I get this message if I open routeOSC-help:
error: 'routeOSC-help.pd' is a deprecated name format for a help patch.
   Please rename to 'routeOSC-help-help.pd'!
I can't find it in the source anywhere. Does anyone know where it's coming from?
It's coming from s_path.c, function open_via_helppath, label gotone_deprecated, line 428.

...which exists only in the pd-extended version I think.

It's because of a bug in mrpeach/osc/routeOSC.c, function routeOSC_setup, line 146, which reads :
 class_sethelpsymbol(routeOSC_class, gensym("routeOSC-help.pd"));
when it ought to be :
 class_sethelpsymbol(routeOSC_class, gensym("routeOSC"));

Ah yes, thanks. It's fixed in svn now.

Martin

Really, the whole class_sethelpsymbol() function should be removed since Pd will automatically assume the classname is the base of the helpfile name. That function is only used for times when the help patch has a different name than the object, which is bad practice IMHO.

OK I took it out. [unpackOSC] used the help patch for [routeOSC] so I left that one in.

Martin