One way you can check which libraries in which path the .pd_darwin depends on is to use otool:

h...@palatschinken readanysf~ $ otool -L readanysf~.pd_darwin
readanysf~.pd_darwin:
readanysf~.pd_darwin (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0) /Library/Pd/readanysf~/libgavl.1.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 2.0.0) /Library/Pd/readanysf~/libgmerlin_avdec.1.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 2.0.0) /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.4.0) /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0) /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 111.1.5)

You can do the same for any dylib, like libgmerlin_avdec.1.dylib, which has lots. Here's my build, made thusly:

cd externals/august/readanysf~
make -f Makefile.darwin_i386_10.4
./embed-MacOSX-dependencies.sh

http://autobuild.puredata.info/pdlab/readanysf~.zip