On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, João Pais wrote:

I didn't see Mathieu's object yet, but just a small opinion about mouse-dragging (or mouse events): afaik, the graphical display of musical elements in open music et al is just a display, just an expressive way of looking at numbers. I'm not sure if these surfaces allow for mouse control in that way (I suspect they don't). Adding mouse control might be not really necessary (if you control the numbers), and can make things really complicated to manage.

What you need to know about this [note] business is that either it gets mouse control, or I don't care about it at all. I never looked at OpenMusic and I'm not interested in duplicating anything... if I end up duplicating part of something, it will be [vsl]. I think that [vsl]'s clickability is a lot more relevant to Pd users than OpenMusic's non-clickability.