Le 14/12/2010 16:22, ydego...@gmail.com a écrit :

yeh but me i want my stuff out of this
i really don't care about your stuff.
but since you included me in this discussion, i have to say that i don't
understand your point.
you use to release your code under GPL.
the only point of the gpl is allowing this.
you should consider a non-free licence for your code if you don't want anyone
to modify it without your consent.

+ it's totally useless to speak with this guy,
he said he worked with Tom Schouten on pdp
but pdp is not included in pd-extended
i don't see any contradiction here.

pd-extended is shit anyway,
i personally don't use pd-extended. I have no plan to use it in the future, and
no plan to develop it.

but since i'm an honest person, i'll say that pd'extended is not for me.
i think saying that it's shit without any argument is largely exaggerated and
can be seen as very offending.
yo paso
cheers,
Cyrille

saludos,
sevy

cyrille henry wrote:
hello Yves,

i feel a bit concerned because you mention pmpd.

I don't understand the problem about hans being pmpd maintainer.
i can't find anything saying that a maintainer should be the author of
a lib.
the pmpd lib distributed with pd-extended clearly specify that's i'm
the author of this lib.

who's using other people work?
well, there is a lot of answers to this question.
-pd user (and developer) are using miller work
-pd-extended user are using hans work
-pmpd user are using my work
-i'm using pmpd users to promote my work
-i'm using hans work to promote pmpd
-i'm using miller (and other) work everyday
-hans is using pmpd to have more happy pd-extended user
-etc

lot's of people are using other people work.
i'm using miller, hans and pd users lot's more than hans is using me.

This is some short extract of the pmpd licence :

"1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's

source code as you receive it [...]"
"2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion

of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and

distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1

above [...]"
"3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it,

under Section 2 [...])"

Reading it, you'll understand that anyone could be pmpd maintainer
without other authorisation.

Cyrille