On Feb 6, 2011, at 5:54 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

--- On Sun, 2/6/11, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>
Subject: Re: [PD] keyword/regexp search of documentation in a plugin
To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancs...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "pd-list" <PD-list@iem.at>
Date: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 11:24 PM

On Feb 6, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

Hi Hans,
     Two questions:
1) widgets and text appear super tiny on winxp.
But when I create a
widget in the tcl shell, say, with "grid [button .b
-text Hello]" the
font size looks fine.  So what exactly is
happening in Pd to make
things
look too small in windows?  (I remember this was
a problem with the
font bomb but I don't know what the solution was.)

In order to make the patches all look/work the same on all
platforms,
Tk scaling is turned off.  On Windows, this can mean
small fonts, so
you have to use the scaled fonts that are speced in
pd-gui.tcl.

How do I specify them?  I don't see them specified at all in
the code for the "find" dialog but the fonts look fine there.

-Jonathan

Its done using classes and the option system. If you make the toplevel of your search like:

    toplevel .font -class DialogWindow

It'll inherit stuff like that.

.hc

2) What is the "_" command?  I.e.:
button .b -text [_ "Search"]

It marks text for localization.  So if, for example,
you are using Pd
in German it'll read "suchen" rather then "search".

.hc

-Jonathan

--- On Wed, 1/12/11, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>