On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Max wrote:

just to throw in a equally unspecific report.

Yes. It's important to answer rumours using rumours.

There's a prof who told me that she couldn't teach Pd, and it was because of its security holes. Then she also told me that Pd doesn't have any video support. After that she stopped answering emails.

I also heard that MAX was so bad, there's a classroom where they had to ban Pd to ensure that it looked like buying MAX licenses had been a good investment.

Much of MAX's popularity is due to vendor lock-in after cheap licenses had been dumped on students who happened to be taking courses that happened to require MAX.

And of course, I mean MAX the software, not Max Neupert. ;)