The pitch track's "amplitude" is computed as the theoretical loudness of
the track, which is computing by adding up the "loudnesses" of all the
components, then converting back to dB.  "Loudness" is incorrectly estimated
as the fourth root of amplitude (should have been the fourth root of power,
equal to the square root of amplitude, if one is to beloeve in "sones" as
a psychoacoustically correct measure.

So the broghter the sound, the bigger the number (and the louder it should
sound relative to its actual signal power).  I haven't looked, but if you
throw fiddle~ a sinusoid the two amplitude measures should be equal.

By the way, I think sigmund~ works way better than fiddle~ on most classes of
input signals :)

Miller