Hi Joe (and Frank),

Here's as far as I got, including the referenced Rj patches.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/961695/graintests2.zip

(Note - this uses, by permission, an adaptation of a patch built for
Granita by Lorenzo Sutton; I'm hoping to use makepoly to help make
this more flexible and polyphonic with him.)

See grain.pd as the abstraction I'm trying to use and grain_poly as
the file calling it.

But you can try the same thing with s_buzz, for instance.

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice.

Peter