On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

I am a bit reluctant to have my students download and install it just to use it marginally...

How about using it a lot ? Have you seen this ?

  http://gridflow.ca/gallery/sequenceur.pd.png
  http://gridflow.ca/gallery/sequenceur.pd.mp3

By the way I'm sesing GridFlow is available for Windows... it wasn't until recently, was it?

It has been available, then not available, then available again.

Are the differences among platform (e.g. things that are only supported on a given platform, or things that work in a different way) reasonably small?

It depends on which features you use. No-one really uses everything. I have taken a lot of steps to make things cross-platform, but a bunch of things are still missing, and in the case of Windows, it's especially GEM support and camera support. But if you do music only, you don't need those.