On 05/22/2011 12:44 AM, Martin Peach wrote:
 until [routeOSC] will consider a
message without an address as equivalent to a message addressed to "/".

Yes I think that makes sense. But I think [routeOSC] should simply
prefix an outgoing message with '/' if there is no more path.

I agree that would be a more consistent solution, but I think it would break more existing patches. Indeed it would break almost _any_ existing patch using routeOSC, while having non-addressed messages match "/" would break only those patches which rely on [routeOSC] to discard such messages through the right outlet, which should not be a common practice, considering that most message are not handled properly by touchOSC used that way (only floats are; lists of floats are truncated after the first element and any other message issues an error).