On 06/14/2011 11:01 PM, Martin wrote:
On 14/06/11 04:44 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
On 06/14/2011 09:58 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
Hi,

With this:

[arduino]

      [print ARDUINO]

Well maybe you have different versions of [comport]. The 'open' message
is output after the [comport] object receives an [info( message from
within the Pd patch: it's not related to the arduino.

Yes that accounts for the "open" message which would come from [comport]'s right outlet.

But there are other messages sent by the arduino, such as the ones reporting the firmware version, which are being lost.

I've found out that if I send the arduino the "version" message, then these messages _are_ received (also in Windows), while when the Arduino send them just after connecting, they are lost in Windows.

So I think there must be an issue either in the Windows version of [comport] or in the Windows drivers, that if a message is received too soon after connecting, it is lost.