Le 21/11/2011 15:22, Matthias Moos a écrit :
Dear PD-List

I recently decided to get into gesture recognition for several different performance-art purposes. one of them is for fireshows, where i would like to be able to control events on my computer throug the circling movements of torches. another one needs to be able to recognize simple gestures with the hand like swyping, cyrcling etc.

my question:
has anyone worked with gesture-recognition? are there specific objects or patches? tracking-wise i would use an infrared-cam or wiimote-ir for the fire, for the hand-gestures maybe a normal webcam which films the hand only, on the side of my body.

big thanks for reading and any ideas or suggestions!

greets, matt

Hello,

I know there is time delay neural network (TDNN) for this purpose. So you can get the ANN externals.
I know that it exists other methods but I have never tested them.
++

Jack