So I added support for Pd-extended to load arduino/arduino.pd when creating
[arduino].  Now yo can drop the arduino/ folder into the standard install
location and then create [arduino].  It should be in the beta builds as of
yesterday.

.hc

On Apr 10, 2012, at 1:31 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I see what you are doing now.  Pd only works like that for binary objects,
> not abstractions, i.e. :
>
> - extra/comport/comport.pd_linux can be loaded as [comport]
> - extra/arduino/arduino.pd triggers that 1000 error when loaded as [arduino]
>
> As an aside, you really shouldn't put stuff directly into extra/ but instead
> use the standard install paths:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files
>
> .hc
>
> On Apr 10, 2012, at 12:23 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>
>> I've extracted the zip file content into this empty folder I've created:
>>
>> C:\Program Files (x86)\pd\extra\arduino
>>
>> I've added arduino folder to path in preferences and started pd by
>> double-clicking on the C:\Program Files
>> (x86)\pd\extra\arduino\arduino-help.pd
>>
>> In the doubt I've updated pdx to 20120410, also tried to create [arduino]
>> object in a naked patch, same result.
>>
>> hope it helps

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can hear it,
you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie